Europe Adventure

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

London!

Hi Everyone!
I am now in London, England! It’s so good to be in one place for more than 4 or 5 days! We’ll be here for the next three weeks. There are twenty of us girls, and we are sharing a floor in the flats. We have anywhere from 1-4 girls in a room, a kitchen, dining area and lounge. It’s a very nice area. We are straight across the street from Kensington Park. It’s very beautiful. Today it is pouring outside, so I’m staying in to catch up on cleaning and taking a break.
We only spent two days in Wales, but it was very fun. We spent a day in Bath. We had a tour guide who took two hours and showed our group around the city. The buildings are very beautiful. I didn’t drink the water however. Some other girls did and said it was an interesting flavor. My friend Laura and I stopped to get a free sample at a fudge shop. They actually make their fudge right in the front of the shop, so we stopped to watch. It’s quite the art, and very tasty.
We went to church in Bristol, and met some very wonderful people. We doubled their relief society group, and the teacher taught very well. Monday we drove from Bristol to Stonehenge. That’s quite an impressive thing actually. Quite fun. Then we stopped at Jane Austen’s house/museum and had lunch. We then drove the rest of the way to London and got here that evening. We bought groceries and settled in for the night.
We started classes the next day. They’ve been fun, and the professors are doing everything they can to make it easy, but so we still learn at the same time. I really appreciate that. I happened to twist my right shoulder on Monday, and so it’s pretty sore. One girl, who worked at a physical therapist office, thinks I either popped it in and out of joint, hyper-extended it, or tore something. I’m hoping it’s one of the ones that can heal on their own. Because of that, I’ve been using my left hand, and because I’m right-handed I’m not as well coordinated. Hence, I burned my hand making some food. Insta-blister. :P Crazy life.
More of my friends and I went to a play a couple of nights ago, called “39 steps”. It was fantastic. Four people playing all the characters. It was a very funny play, a little bit strange plot, but funny play. We went again to see another play, but sadly it was pretty bad. We left about ½ hour into it and just walked around town.
Today I’m just taking it easy until tonight. I’m catching up on emails, and spent a little while watching TV and eating chocolate. It’s been wonderful. Tonight we’re going to “Much Ado About Nothing” as a group.
Thanks for all your emails everyone! I may not always get back to them, but I sure read and love them!
Love, Karra

No comments:

Post a Comment