Europe Adventure

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Onward...pictures to come later

Hi Everyone,

We are on the move again. After spending three weeks in one spot, moving again makes me homesick for our flat in London.  It was wonderful to be in London. Some of us spent last weekend in Paris, and on our way back to London, we felt like we were coming home. It was good to see those who had stayed behind.

We’ve done so much these past few weeks. It’s hard to believe that we only have two weeks left! The week after our country walk in London we went to see the play “All’s Well That Ends Well.” I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, and very fun to watch. We were at the Globe theater, and had standing tickets. We got there early enough that we could stand right next to the stage. We had to watch our heads though. When the women walked by, their dresses would brush over our heads, and we had to duck when the men turned quickly, so as not to be hit by their scabbards. The characters were very funny and interacted with the crowd before and during the play.

Wednesday night thirteen of us girls traveled to Paris. It was a very busy few days. We started the Eiffel Tower late Wednesday night. We were able to see the Tower all lit up, and a few times we were there when they turned on the flashing lights to make the Tower sparkle. The next day we went to the Arc de Triomphe, walked down the Champs Elysees and Concord, as well as went through the Musee de l’Orangerie and the Louvre. We were only at the Louvre for a little while, as we got there about an hour before closing. I did get a picture with the Mona Lisa though. We also got to see the outside of Notre Dame and Pantheon. I bought three beautiful oil paintings of the Eiffel. I had friends with me when I bought the paintings, and they helped me bargain with the vendors to get a good price. I’m really excited to frame them when I get home. Friday we visited Versailles, the palace and gardens, which were beautiful. We headed back into Paris to visit the Museum D’Orsay (hopefully I’m spelling all these right) and to finish going through the Louvre. We managed to make it back to the Eiffel Tower again that night and actually travel up a few floors. My camera died taking a video of the view, but my friend was able to get a few pictures. Saturday we went back to Notre Dame to visit the inside, and we also went to Lafayette Galleries (very much expensive!) We just looked there – no purchases for us!  We headed home and arrived Saturday night.

Monday was finals, which I did okay on. Afterwards, a few of us went shopping, and my friend Laura and I walked through Hyde Park. We only saw a little bit of it, but it is huge and is very peaceful. Today we checked out of our flats and traveled to Stratford. On the way we saw Warwick castle, where we saw a Birds of Prey show, as well as a jousting show. They were both fantastic! We also saw Anne Hathaway’s house (Shakespeare’s wife, not the actress)  and Shakespeare’s birthplace. Tomorrow we will continue heading north, and eventually will reach Scotland.

Now I am off to bed. First time before midnight in a week!

Love, Karra

No comments:

Post a Comment